New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dancing-Demon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello people. I'm quiet new with fish tanks and I have three. I have a 20, 10, and a 5 gallon. Now I'm having trouble cycling the 10 and 5 with out fish. (The 20 seems to be doing fine with fish.) Also my 5 gallon filter did not come with a bio media for some reason and I don't really have time to buy a new one. Anyways I just set up my 10 gallon a few minutes ago and now I'm questioning how to start up the cycle with ammonia. How long should I wait for to check the levels for the 10? Should the 5 gallon cycle faster since it is small? Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Try getting some seeded media from the pet store, even if it's just some gravel it will jump start things. I use a beneficial bacteria liquid starter called Start Safe. It comes in the refrigerator. Seems to work well for me. In an established tank with ammonia problems I am trying the new Fluval product to help build up the BB again. Just tried that today and it's cheap so we'll see. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom