New Into This

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefman

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey Everyone, Im new with my acuarium, I have a 10G. tank to start which I think is very good for a starter. I still have the water running through the filter before I put in the fishes.

I would love to buy somefishes that are not agressive, can anyone recomend some kinds of fishis.

Thank. Love to be here!!!

I would go with some small fish like 8-10 guppies and tetras. Thats what I have in my one 10 gallon tank and they are colorful and hardy fish for a beginner.

Welcome and I agree with SuCraM, get some hardy fish to start with... Guppies, tetras, danios, etc.. I still have my two original diamond tetras from when I first started out nearly 2 years ago. Those two guys have been through everything without batting an eye.

Anyone want to take bets when reefman will get his next tank?! :) We all feel the need to upgrade, after two years with my 10g I decided to buy a 30g long. I'm sure you'll get the same feeling soon enough. :)

2 years? boy your lucky I have only being doing theis for a little over a year and have 7 tanks and want more! want to upgrade all the smaller to larger!

Have you read about fishless cycling at all? I agree about the fish but if you do get any tupe of livebearer its a good idea to start with 1 male and 2 females, or all males! My 55 is becoming overrun by guppies!

Oh ya, WELCOME!!! You'll love it here and came to a good place with lots of opinions and ideas!

Welcome to AA.....
Im sure we will be seeing an upgrade soon, I know this guy and he is Hardcore.....
I wouldnt be surprised to be helping him set up a 150 gal reef in the next year or so...lol

My Tank is in the process of being cycled. Still have a few weeks left to complete de process.

Back
Top Bottom