New Juwel Vision planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a water change today and the discus were surprisingly active rather than hiding in the plants as usual :p I managed to get some good footage of them:

The plants are all doing really well although the valls keep getting their leaves sucked into the filter so they are a bit damaged :S

Aquarium_Lover04 said:
I did a water change today and the discus were surprisingly active rather than hiding in the plants as usual :p I managed to get some good footage of them:

The plants are all doing really well although the valls keep getting their leaves sucked into the filter so they are a bit damaged :S

Great job man!
Are you planing to add a background sheet to the tank?

Aquarium_Lover04 said:
Yeah, I might be putting a black background behind it, although it is in a corporate office and everyone likes it as it is at the moment.
I wouldn't mind one though :p

Black background look awesome I have it on all mine

I haven't updated in a while, so here is a new video from my youtube channel:
The rotala has been growing like crazy and i have pulled out the crypts in the right foreground and pruned them and replanted the 'baby' plants that come from some of the crypts.
I lost my other bolivian ram :( I am assuming it was due to the high temps lately with the tank getting to 32°C! It was 40°C here today :O
All the other fish are fine and the discus probably felt great at that temp.
I am going to be removing the valls as they are just not doing as well as i had hoped. Any suggestions of what to replace it with?

We recently had some VERY hot weather here in Australia with temps reaching 40°C(104°F) and the highest tank temp that I saw was 32°C(90°F)!!.
Unfortunately I lost 2 fish with the high temps, a german blue ram and a royal whiptail :( I loved my 2 whiptails, so losing one is devastating.
Other than that, everything has been good. I will upload some new pics soon as I got some new plants and I am just waiting till they straighten up a bit.
Thanks to everyone who is subscribed to this thread, more updates soon(and more discus!!)

Added in some corydoras similis from another tank:

Updated pic of the tank:
1zch6kz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom