New Keys Rock (lr.com) - with pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, after a few months and several questions on this forum - I've got my brand new 110 gallon up and running. Just received 60lbs of keys rock and 40lbs of live base rock from lr.com. They were great to deal with. HIGHLY recommended (what else is new). Mike from lr.com suggesting getting a few large pieces of the keys since my tank is tall. The aquascaping was quite a project because the pieces were so big - but, the results are great. The brighter white pieces of rock are some of the 50lbs of dead base rock I already had. So, the total is 150lbs of rock if anyone was wondering.

Since I'm eventually going for a FOWLR set-up and plan to have a Zebra Moray at some point - I wanted more of a mountain of caves and crevices for hiding rather than shelves for coral. Because the rocks were so heavy, they are nice and stable so I don't think I have to worry about toppling over (except the small rock teetering at the top).

See pics below - also threw in a pic of a large bristle worm that came out to say hi.

- Skins

Attachments

• liverock1.jpg
    liverock1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 297
  • bristleworm1.jpg
    bristleworm1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 295
150 pounds isn't much is it? I would think it would just fill it up. Looks good on the aquascape though.

Rock looks great! I would consider removing that large bristle worm. it may be a bearded fireworm and is very destructive. Do not use your hands to get it.

Agreed. I was all dressed up for a Jack and Jill party when this guy made his appearance and only had time to snap a shot and leave. But, my eyes are peeled now. lr.com did warm me that there would be some worms in the shipment and sent an email with tips on how to remove them. First class customer service with those guys.

Yeah, I thought it would take up more space too, but it works out great for a FOWLR set-up. There's a lot of different swimming levels. I'm very happy with it.

Hey SkinnyPete, rock looks great. I did get a fireworm with my order, which was the same shipment that you received since we received on same day. luckily i got him out right away. Tank looks good, and i love my rock too.

Back
Top Bottom