New LED for planted 55Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agrasyuk

Aquarium Advice Freak
i think i'm stuck in the thinking loop here, debating between several model and can't quite just pull the trigger. your thoughts are welcome.

candidates:
Current Satellite +
Finnex fugeray planted
Finnex ray2

i think i'm gravitating towards Fugeray planted, but can't quite find it in stock. Ray2 has the best output but not sure if can be used sucsesfully without CO2 (i'm using exel for carbs), i read that floater plants can help reduce the intencity. Sattelite can be dimmed, but looks like has the lowest illumination of the 3.
i just keep going in circles...

i think i'm stuck in the thinking loop here, debating between several model and can't quite just pull the trigger. your thoughts are welcome.

candidates:
Current Satellite +
Finnex fugeray planted
Finnex ray2

i think i'm gravitating towards Fugeray planted, but can't quite find it in stock. Ray2 has the best output but not sure if can be used sucsesfully without CO2 (i'm using exel for carbs), i read that floater plants can help reduce the intencity. Sattelite can be dimmed, but looks like has the lowest illumination of the 3.
i just keep going in circles...

Satellite can't really be dimmed that much. Mostly just lighting effects, moon lights, etc. Lightning storm, cloudy... etc etc.

It's fairly gimmicky. I have one and regret it.

thanks for your honest opinion. the color effects and the remote didn't really mean anything to me. it is the timer option with gradual ramp-up and how the unit is built that i liked.

And its cheaper too? Im kinda stuck in the same loop for my 55.... im not doing co2 either, im just dosing glut and liquid ferts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know a lot if people really like the build my LED planted LED options. Hate to add another light to the mix but thought I would throw it out there. I have the Finnex fuge ray R clip on LED and so far like it. Plants haven't gotten here yet but it illuminates the tank well and quality seems nice.

You can maintain high light with liquid carbon. Many people have done it before although it takes quite a bit more than a medium light tank will have.

Mebbid , thanks. Since fugeray planted is barely available it seems like Ray2 is the only option. I will dim it with one or two window screens (and retain capability to go higher later) but the fact it can't be gradually turned on even with inline dimmer is really annoying. What were the guys at finnex thinking!? I have a gallon of metricide14 already so plenty of carbon on tap)

Scotty, this is for 55gal so the fugeray-r clip is a bit low.

Back
Top Bottom