New LED Light (Opinions Wanted)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zer0signal

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Neither, I'd go with the Finnex Planted + 24/7. Not only because it has more features, but it's full spectrum due to the RGBs.

Yeah, but that's on back order for quite awhile.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's worth the wait, IMO. If you have extra on the budget, the Current Satellite Led+ Pro and the Ecoxotic E-Series are very nice. BuildMyLed.com are nice as well. All full spectrum options.

Yeah I have 2 sat plus pros already... I can swing doing another, but was leading with the cheaper price point of the finnex.. Maybe its best to just do another sat pro. I love the timer function of the pro, and feel like the 24/7 might be cheap (timing won't stay on a set schedule when powered off or outages).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I have all three fixtures. I like the Ecoxotic and Current because of the controllers. 24/7 is nice, but the built-in 24/7 function has very little flexibility. Still a great fixture and capable at its price point.

+1 to everything Brian said. I have a 24/7 running now and am very pleased with it. The lack of RGB in the Ray2 makes it a bit outdated at this point.

Yeah I have all three fixtures. I like the Ecoxotic and Current because of the controllers. 24/7 is nice, but the built-in 24/7 function has very little flexibility. Still a great fixture and capable at its price point.

Man... Those 2 look eerily similar... Same company, sub company?

So, the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 is in stock now! :dance::dance::dance:

Placed my order for it, I can get over my problems with the timer by just using a lamp timer and leaving it on 24/7 (if i don't care for the internal controller). Awesome!

Has either of you 2 found the par ratings for this one yet?

Back
Top Bottom