new life spectrum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
33953-albums1415-picture9709.jpg

Last edited:
fair enough :)

The first is a 90 community with, from the top down, african butterfly, golden wonder killis, dwarf neon, yellow, boesmani and turquise rainbows, goldfish, cherry barbs, BN pleco, rubberlip pleco, dojos and kuhlis. I feed this tank the 0.5, 1 and 2 mm foods.

Second is a 45, with pearl gouramis, neon, black neon, orange flame and bloodfin tetras, triple red cockatoos, blood red albino swords and albino, leopard and emerald corys. I feed this tank just the 0.5 mm food.

Last is a 75 african community with congo tetras, spotted ctenopoma, senegal bichir, african knife and an african featherfin. This tank gets just the 2 mm food.

Attachments

• CIMG0281.jpg
    CIMG0281.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 86
  • CIMG0286.jpg
    CIMG0286.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 92
  • CIMG0287.jpg
    CIMG0287.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 81
nice, i really like the 45's look, anyway you mention differents sizes, pellets i assume? i like pellets better. my dad haD a 45g when i was growing up...wish i still had it, good dimesions for medium size fish.

Feeding a high quality food like NLS goes a long way to keeping a tank clean, too. Some foods have more undigestable matter in them than others, and that passes right through the fish.

Yes, I was trying to keep the thread on the topic of NLS. Pellets are far superior to flakes, IMO.

4sure, i know it helps keep my tank way cleaner than flake...so can i get this stuff in flake for my mollies and platys and other flake majority eating fish?

I've kept 50 different species of fish since switching to NLS pellets and only 1 refused to eat it - BGK. I thought I'd have trouble with the butterfly, but there was none.

Some fish do not take to it right away though. If they are used to junk food, they will pass on the NLS hoping to get more of the other. It might take a couple days for them to eat it, but once they do they love it.

there are some high quality flakes. NLS makes a garlic flake - I've used it, the fish liked it.

one thing to keep in mind with the pellets - they sink. If you have gravel, you can end up with a lot of food falling through the cracks, out of reach. I believe there is a semi-floating variety, which stays suspended in the water longer.

Otherwise, the fish will be eating off the bottom. It's an adjustment, but I assure you the fish will go to the food, wherever it is.

I've only found NLS locally in one store, which happens to be my LFS. The guy breeds discus and african cichlids. Nowhere else sells it, including petsmart. I've always ordered it in the past from aquacave.

I have to buy mine online too. I can usually find some other stuff to buy to get free shipping :)

mfdrookie516 said:
I've only found NLS locally in one store, which happens to be my LFS. The guy breeds discus and african cichlids. Nowhere else sells it, including petsmart. I've always ordered it in the past from aquacave.

I get my Thera-A in bulk, but surprisingly the local petco carries the full (?) line.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

Petco has started carrying it, but I am not sure if they are carrying all of them.

You can get good deals online though, $50-65 for a bucket shipped is good. Obviously you can go with one of the smaller containers too, for much cheaper. I love eBay.

Take out the % of water in the frozen and then look at the numbers.

I don't do either (freeze-dried or frozen). If I did it would be certain frozen foods, but not bloodworms. For corals and small fish Cyclopeeze is an amazing frozen food. Rod's Food for a very diverse reef tank is perfect. Also for forals is stuff like oyster eggs and rotifers. For almost all freshwater fish though you shouldn't have to go beyond NLS.

Back
Top Bottom