new lighting ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cars4fun2001

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I ordered a Odyssea 48" PC 65 W x 4 with 4 6700k bulbs for my 75g tank. When it came in it had 2 12000k daylight and 2 03 true actinics. I really like the looks of the tank with these bulbs. But the hole point of placing the order was to up my watts to help my plants and suport so nicer plants that need more light. I really like the looks of the light but if it is not going to do anything for my plants then I need to change the bulbs. So where do I stand with the actinics? are they a no go for fresh watter plants. I can not find any temp rang for them.

thanks Mike

Thanks for the info. Now I am really torn. yes they look great. I love it the best my tank has ever looked. But I truely wanted the full 260watts to be good for the plants. I know it was a mistake and I have already contacted them about corecting it. Will see what that gets me. No what to do next... I guess I could put my old lights back on top of the tank and just run all of them. I played around whit that a bit last night and it seamed to worsh out the color of the actinics. I could order another light just like what I have and then have 260 watts of 12000k and 260 watts of actinics. hhhhhhmmmmmmm I dont know what to do.

Mike

If it was me, I would just send the whole fixture back for a refund. Odyssea lights tend to try to burn down your house due to being made like crap and all the parts are cheap. Most people that buy them just rip everything out and stick in a new ballast, wiring harness, reflector, etc.....just not good fixtures.

Thom thanks fro the advise. It was cheap, so comon since tells me it is made cheap. Dont really want my house burnt down again. Had that happen mothers day this year. That is why I am having to redo everything and why I havent been on here in a while. What is the issue with these lights. If there getting hot that is easly solved. If they are shorting out a surge protctor on a GFI plug will solve that. If the ballast is just junk and and does not last I am ok with that. It is easy to upgrade latter. I like the looks of the light. It has a spot for 4 fans but only 2 fans instaled. I had planed on upgrading the 2 that are in there now and instaling 2 more. Sending the hole fixture back for a refund is not a option at this point. Exchange yes but not a refund.

Mike

can you send it back and exchange it for something like a Nova Extreme? I have heard alot of good remarks on that light... Just my opinion, but why buy something cheap and expect to replace it later down the road, when you can buy a good light for just a little more and not have to worry about it

Back
Top Bottom