New Lights on my 55G - can't beat the price!!!!!! Perfect.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hooperman42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yesterday I recieved my dual bulb T5 fixture from Aquatraders and love it!
Even though I have a freshwater tank it is using the 10K daylight and the Actinic which of course does nothing for the plants but makes it look very very nice. I kept the dual LED strips that came with the 55G Marineland kit as they were actually helping the plants. Everyone said they were too dim but the plants are doubled in size in a month from just the LEDS. I started adding the API Co2 dosing as well. No other C02 for now. I just love this fixture and for $ 60??? Its perfect. I have the blue LEDS that I can turn on for night lighting from the LED sets I had so didnt need them on the strip. In my pictures you can see a shot of the glass top with the light strip as well as the two LED fixtures up front on the lid part that I just lift off when feeding etc. So the loaches are all coming our and feeding in the AM with the lights on as well as of course the Betta who will eat anytime anywhere.

The Aqua Trader bulb kit came packaged perfect in perfect condition. Highly suggest this and save your money from the obviously overpriced named brands.
fish10.gif

Attachments

• photookjojoj.jpg
    photookjojoj.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3500.jpg
    IMG_3500.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3501.jpg