new loach help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwh0818

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I just got a black koali loach and I need some info on it. What do they eat and how big do they get

IMHO you need to have keep them in groups of 5 or more for them to thrive otherwise you probably won't see him much. Generally they like to eat sinking shrimp pellets, ( my yo- yo loaches love them) also frozen blood worms and boiled or steamed shelled peas are good. Sometimes mine will even come to the top to eat NLS pellets when I feed my other fish. I've even found they like canned or frozen (steamed) green beans that I feed them from time to time.

I would keep them in a minimum of six. They are shy if not kept in big groups. They like 20 gallons because there's more room for them to swim and such, but I have heard of people keeping them in as little as ten gallons. They are active so don't keep with slow-moving fish that might be bothered by them.

What size tank do you have them in and what other fish do you have in there?

bruinsbro1997 said:
I would keep them in a minimum of six. They are shy if not kept in big groups. They like 20 gallons because there's more room for them to swim and such, but I have heard of people keeping them in as little as ten gallons. They are active so don't keep with slow-moving fish that might be bothered by them.

What size tank do you have them in and what other fish do you have in there?

Well I have just one black loach with some ghost shrimp and with 2 Molly's in my ten gallon tank. No worrys though I'm getting a 75 gallon tank for Christmas from my gf and I think I will get 9 more of them because they are cool little guys

Back
Top Bottom