new LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, i added more LR to the tank. About 20 lbs of tonga branch. I had originally had about 13 which now has become 33, well in the range of 1-1.5 lbs/gallon. I hope this will help w/ my nitrates and cyano. what do you think? here are some pics of the progression. you can also notice that i added a closed loop

Attachments

• new_rock_0001.jpg
    new_rock_0001.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 248
  • after_101.jpg
    after_101.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 60
Rock will help in time with the nitrates but don't expect too much too soon. As far as the cyano is concerned, nitrate is only one part of the equation. PO4 is the larger issue.

Looks good though (y)

Cheers
Steve

already removed the P04 with phospate sponge. Used two doses of it, so pretty confident about the low phosphates. Used RO water since the dosing. nitrates are all that is left.

Give some info on your closed loop. I so want to do this but have not looked into it much. Was it easy... expensive?

I would love to add another 1000-1200 ghp and lose a few PH's.

pufferman said:
already removed the P04 with phospate sponge. Used two doses of it, so pretty confident about the low phosphates. Used RO water since the dosing. nitrates are all that is left.
PO4 products do not remove organic forms and RO membranes do not remove either from water. If your RO has a DI attachment then you should see some improvements with the water changes suggested by Quaryyshark.

Cheers
Steve

ill take some water to the lfs and let them check for P04. I dont have a phospate test. ill have to get back home to take pics of my loop. I live in CA, i m in toronto right now. :D now about the loop: im running mine with a Rio 1100. I m fifteen and i planned, measured, cut and glued the PVC together by myself. Depends on how complicated u want the loop to be. I just have an intake with pump primer and one outtake.

Back
Top Bottom