New Mag-Float

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got a magfloat from one of my coworkers at our employee christmas party tonight! Do you just leave it in the tank in between uses or take it out after each time?

Not Sure, I dont have one personally but my LFS store uses them on there larger tanks and leave it at the top. I assume you would have to take it out to rinse it though.

Mine has accumulated some algae. I do my best to remove this from time to time but the magic of the Velcro like surface makes it amazingly hard to clean anything out of it. It hasn't ever had enough on it to be a problem. The best way I found to clean mine is to scrub it on a towel or something equally as bristly.

The fun of it is perfecting the cross corner motion. Just be careful, the first time I accidentally released the inside from the outside I was amazed to see how quickly it shot across the tank to meet back up with its other half. Nothing like having a magnetic projectile in your tank : )

With a little practice I am able to do all 4 panes of glass without getting my hands wet.

Back
Top Bottom