New Member with Nano Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigec

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys! So this is my first post and I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Eric and I have always been a fish lover. I have a 40g African Cichlid tank. Once I got that going a started a smaller 10g tank that housed my blue lobster, Pierre. Finally, I figured it was time to take the plunge I have always wanted to and start a Saltwater tank. Space was limited so I purchased an Evolve8 8g tank. The tank itself is perfect for the space I have provided and is currently cycling. I added a nice 1in thick live sand bed with about 9lbs of live rock and water in which I mixed myself before putting it in. It has been running for about a week and my API testing kit will be here friday so I will know more then. Right now I only have a hydrometer and my salt is at 1.025 right now.

This, however, is not my first passion (believe it or not). I actually am very into cars. I drive a fully built 2010 BMW 135i and run a car club out of the tri-state area.
Back on track: I don't really have any pics as of right now, but I will post what I have right now!

Attachments

• pierre.jpg
    pierre.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 74
  • epic photoshopness.jpg
    epic photoshopness.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Saltwater tank.jpg
    Saltwater tank.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 269
  • Saltwater tank 2.jpg
    Saltwater tank 2.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 350
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot guys! I am happy to finally be a part of the saltwater world!

Thanks guys! New update. My tank is now home to a beautiful little clown, a peppermint shrimp, and a few hermit crabs. On a side note, if any of you are into cars and go to meets and what not then like my car club on facebook for an update on this weeks meet! We are in the tri state area! https://www.facebook.com/L3CarClub

Back
Top Bottom