The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daftdave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone just joined this the gain some new knowledge as im new to this got my aquarium about 6 weeks ago. Have pics to show my setup

image-1547107596.jpg

Have 22 tropical fish Molly's platys guppies angle fish silver dollors clown loaches and one or two more.

Welcome to the forum, this is an excellent place to become educated in the ways of aquarium keeping!

Tetra1990 said:
Welcome! You need to rehome the clown loaches ASAP, they grow quite large and require more than one.

This is true, but lacks a little background. Clown loach's can reach 12+ and ideally should be put in a 75+ aquarium. Must big box pet stores fail to pass this on as they want to make a sale. All loachs should be in a group of at least 5 or more to maintain a healthy life. These little guys have quite a personality and you will truly see this when they are in a group. Failing to make this change will most likely stunt the growth of the fish and lead to a short life term.

You have an extremely nice aquarium and we look forward to seeing more pics as it changes with time!

Glad to have you. Welcome. Prepare to be amazed at what there is to know about creatures (and plants) in water!!! It is crazy unbelievable, some of the things I thought I knew, but didn't! LOL

BTW silver dollars can become the size of a plate! Beware how big some of these little guys can get.

Thanks guys I knew that clown loaches got big and silver dollors I have two of each I will move them on after a while I just liked the look of them, tank is 190 litre so there should be enough space for the for a while anyway. can anyone tell me where I can get nice 3d back grounds for aqua one tanks. Thanks for all advice it is been taken on board

Daftdave said:
Thanks guys I knew that clown loaches got big and silver dollors I have two of each I will move them on after a while I just liked the look of them, tank is 190 litre so there should be enough space for the for a while anyway. can anyone tell me where I can get nice 3d back grounds for aqua one tanks. Thanks for all advice it is been taken on board

Would you be interested in making your own? There is some great ideas in the DIY sub-forum. If not, go to a search engine and type in what you want. Finally you could check the classifieds sub-forum, might get lucky!

Cheers for that I will have a look, I don't think I will be goin the DIY road

Alternative selection...

If you like the silver dollars, check out diamond tetra, similar look, and nice fish and stays small.

Have fun and enjoy!

I will look into them I haven't seen anything like them in my local fish supplier.

Back
Top Bottom