The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen1970

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HI everyone I'm Kathleen from Belfast I have a 240l aquarium with some bala sharks and loads other fish it was my ex's but when he left I kept the tank,,, I do regular water charges and I use Fluva in my tank but after a day or two my tank always turns green,,, I clean out the filter sponges and the filter but it still turns green to the point I can't see fish, ,it's upsetting me because I'm doing everything I was told in the pet shop but it's not looking good,,, Please help me

Hi and welcome!

A little more info would be helpful, including a full stocking list and a picture of the tank. What is regular (weekly?) and how much water do you change (10%?, 50%?). What dechlorinator do you use for water changes and what do you feed them? I don't suppose you test parameters like pH, ammonia, nitrates? If yes those numbers would be helpful... If no, you can pick up a api freshwater test kit on Amazon. Not mandatory but certainly helpful :) good luck!

I usually do a 50% change i use Fluvel 5mls to every 10 litres of new water ,, I feed them every other day with flakes and hi growth granuals,, My tank is a 240l Juwel futterautomat

Yes so I decided not too have the light on as much and I done another 50% water change and it's getting there

Back
Top Bottom