New Nano Cube 28 Gallon CF-Quad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grabberblue2010

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need some advice as my friend just gave me a 28 Gallon Nano that he never set up. Have done salt before just been out of the game for a little while. Any help would be appreciated

Start with sand, live rock and water. Is it fully equipped, filter, an such? You might want to do a leak test first and inspect the tank for scratches/ cracks... Other than that if everything check out ok, go ahead an get a jump on setting it up! Happy reefing!

I've had my quad for about 5 weeks now and love it. Everything is working great. I know a guy that has been growing all kinds of corals under the stock light. Getting ready to add my own corals in a week or two.

grabberblue2010 said:
What do you put in the back chambers?

So I put a sponge with a filter pad on top ofit in the top chamber. Second chamber I put in Carbon and the third I put ceramic rings.

I plan on upgrading the media holder, it is too small. Check this site out, Mediabaskets.com.

I plan converting to algae in the top two and carbon/sponge in the bottom with a jbj nano light in about six months.

I also added the jbj skimmer....love it. It really works good. I have been video taping everything and plan on adding it to YouTube here this weekend. Look up Kelton's Tank and it will be there.

Other than that, a heater and that is it. Got all my stuff off of dr. Foster and Smiths.com. Their rock was amazing. Cycled it three weeks.

Other questions?

How was the LR from Drs Foster and Smith site? I have ordered from SWF.com before but never any live goods from drs site

image-1642500924.jpg

It was amazing. Great color and shapes. I got the Fiji premium rock and nano fiji for smaller pieces. This is a pic from the day I got the rock.

Ftfunnative said:
It was amazing. Great color and shapes. I got the Fiji premium rock and nano fiji for smaller pieces. This is a pic from the day I got the rock.

I did 20lbs of premium and 16lbs of nano.

Also, I did 20lbs of premium Fiji and 16lbs of nano Fiji. I bit much, so I shaped a couple of the rocks down with a hammer and chisel.

I would ditch the ceramic rings and look to run Purigen and Chemipure Elite in the back compartment. Throw a little filter floss(available at any pet store, local or big chain) in the top tray and you're set. I just haven't heard much of anything good on the rings, but just my opinion. Congrats on the cube!!

Ya, I saw those and was planning on getting one from intank.

I have been video tapping everything and now need to put them all on YouTube and post links my "build" thread. Thanks for showing interest.

Back
Top Bottom