New Nano Cube Adventure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all. My mom and dad have been wanting to get a small SW set up going and I have so kindly offered my services... :p We agreed that a nano would be good for them. I am goin to do all the maintenance on it and use water and established LR from my current tank to get it up and running..

I got her credit card and it is driving me nuts! I am thinking that I will get the 24g nano with stand for them.

I am probably going to put around 20 to 30lbs of LR in there, a pair of mated clowns, a gobie, a reef safe small wrasse, couple cleaner shrimp, hermits, and snails..

Any suggestions as far as livestock?
Any suggestions about equipment?

I am looking for a place to buy both the stand and cube together at a reasonable price. Any suggestions??

TIA!

Hey Rev ...

I just purchased a 12gal. DX model from www.jbjnanocube.com ... I think the actual place is called aquatic-store (I believe)!

Just go to the website I gave you ... they have the best prices for sure!

Do some reading on the 24gal. before you decide ... go to www.nano-reef.com and read up, there is a lot of people with the 24gal that have craked! 8O 8O 8O I guess they use the same thickness glass on all the models and the 24gal can not handle the pressure!

I love my Nano! Good luck!

Jermz

oooooo forgot ... which ever you decide to get, you'll want to replace the stock pump that comes with it. Very Puny!!!

Definitely check out www.nano-reef.com for some awesome info ... I am working on the Surface Skimmer modification right now!!! Very easy mod that requires no cutting, drilling, melting, exploding or antyhing of the nature and is made from a simple cassette tape case!

HI! I just bought one off a seller on ebay. The new upgraded 12g model. They have the moon lights and dual fans as well. $99 plus $9.99 shipping. 100% feedback. He has one left.

http://stores.ebay.com/PETSOLUTION_Nano-Cube_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

It was $110.00 total - 50 less than the website. This has 24 watt lighting, the other has 2x24... but I'm only keeping low light shrooms etc...

...there is also a few of the 24g. offered.

As far as stocking... Hmmm.... I'm still thinking myself... A small clown for sure and maybe a cleaner shrimp and a cute little goby :)

keep us posted

Kimberly

That is the 24watt model, the one that I bought is the 48watt. The website I listed has the base model for $99 as well!

Good luck Florida8 .... let's see some pics!!!!!!

Ahhhhh so same price, just a little difference in shipping....cool! I went back and asked him if I can add the $49.00 and get the higher lit aquarium (same as yours).... might as well... I Know I will want upgraded lighting in a matter of time anyhow. ;)

I can't wait to get it and get water,salt and rock in it ;)

Wooo Hooo... and the fun begins!
Kimberly

Good idea Rev. How about a purple firefish? I can hear it now...you parents have some friends over for dinner. They proudly show off their new tank after the oohs and aaahs your hear "That David is such a nice boy" :wink:

Florida8 - might as well go ahead and get the DX model ... $49 more and 24 more watts of light! Good luck!

Lando - I think that's what I'm going to get is the Purple Firefish ... they are very nice looking, although looking at this site I might go with this for my 12gal ....

They look AWESOME ... Yasha Hase/Pistol pair!!! If anyone goes and buys them you owe me KUDOS!!!!! hahahaha j/k

http://www.platinumreefs.com/other.html

OOHH yea, I like the purple firefish idea....

I really want o get the 24g, but is the cracking a rare occurence?

From what I've read on www.nano-reef.com ... NO! It is a lot higher than the 6gal or 12gal.! I think the crack rate based on a poll from that site is something like 20% 8O for cracking tanks that's BIG!

I am happy with my 12 and a lot of other people on the site are as well! It's all a matter of preference though I guess!

JBJ is claiming that it is not a manufactoring flaw rather a shipping problem ... I guess these cubes are shipped from overseas and go through some pretty rough transit!

Yup!

I just don't know if I would want to take the risk, but at least since you have your GIGANTIC tank you could probably house some stuff if need be.

I say GO FOR IT!!! NANO NANO :lol:

Back
Top Bottom