New Ottos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jschweg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm gradually stocking my tank, and have just added 2 ottos who seem to happily stuck to the glass munching away.

I'm supplementing their diet with some alage wafers, but the problem is my cories. As soon as I drop a wafer in the tank, within a few seconds, the cories smell it and its all over. As soon as they locate it, they just scarf the whole thing down.

Any tips on how to give my ottos a chance to get a bite?

Veggies. My other fish just graze on it, I can leave it in there for a while so the otos can get to it, and its a great diet for them. Menagerie wrote an article if interested.

you can break the wafers in half and drop the pieces in at different locations in the tank. Also the veggies are a great supplement for the ottos and my corys have never really shown any interest in them.

Drop in two algae wafers, i put two into my tank every night AND i put veggies in ever other day.. or until its gone. I have so many bottom feeders/scavengers... none of it lasts long and there's never leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom