New pics from new camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman26m

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally got my new camera in and ofcourse what are the first pics I take? No, not my 2 year old. No, not the wife. The aquarium ofcouse!!

I really like the quality of the some of the pics but I'm still working out the focus in macro mode. I got some really great shots. I love the composition of the one with the Yellow Watchman but the focus was off. The pic of the clown in the anemone came out great.

The pics are in my gallery pending approval at the moment. The 250k size limit doesn't do the camera justice....lol.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5452

Fuji FinePix S5100, 4MP, 10x Optical Zoom.

I'm jealous again. I can't wait until my tank is old enough to get some of those wonderful creatures.
Terry

Nice looking tank. Is that my leather frag in there :) Glad to see it is doing well. That fragspawn is awesome!

Thanks for the pics.

Ellisz,

Yes.....the leather on the bottom is your leather frag! The one on top I traded some mushrooms at the LFS. Figured I'd put them next to each other since they are a different color.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!!

Looks great! Keep the pics coming. BTW...what are you feeding your sun coral?

Looking good. Tri-pods should be used when taking macro shots, easier for the camera to focus.

I feed the sun coral brine shrimp. It's a hassle because I have to feed the tank first, then the polyps will open up. Then I spot feed each polyp separately with a turkey baster. Each polyp is an individual animal and not one big colony and you must feed each one.

I will use a tripod eventually but these were just some quick shots I took in between my son hanging off my leg, trying to get the camera.

I'm still having problems getting the focus to work correctly in the close-up shots. Even in manual mode the focus just won't clear up. It works fine on non-tank pics so it must be the glass throwing it off. Any of you photo buffs have any insight on how to overcome this?

Fireman

there should be a macro button to use. (looks like a flower) this will allow small things (including your sea life) to be in focus. It works well for me.

Try having the camera zoomed all the way out when using macro. And turn off your power heads

I'll give it a try. The pics in my gallery are all mostly macros with no zoom. Any zoom and it's nothing but blur.

Back
Top Bottom