New pics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
It`s amazing what a new digital camera will do for you. I`ve got some new pics of my tank that really look much better than old ones also pics of my fish also. Already had corals on there. check out gallery. Thanks guys. I hope santa was as good to you as he was me. Thanks

Yeah Santa was very nice. He brought me a 492 watt MH / PC Fixture, a UV Sterilizer, a Bubble Coral, and a Cup Plate. Yeah my sister got a $500 Digital Camera and they take awesome pictures compared to my $100 one

do you have any trouble with your fish getting along?
I noticed you have 2 clowns and also the 4 striped devil.

Currently I have 1 saddle back clown and was wanting to and another clown, maybe a percula but have been warned that the clowns will fight.

ALso my 4 stripe is a real pain on new fish, other than the hawk I just added.

I also have a 120 gal.

Thanks,

The clowns will nip at each other every once in a while but for the most part they get along and the 4 stripe (Sarge) I have had for 8 years and we have an understanding. Behave or :drain:

thanks.
I'm anal about the fish getting along.
I keep a aquarium because its cheaper than a shrink.

I wish I could reach a agreement with my devil, I've had him for 5 years and moved him to 3 different tanks so I hate to flush him.

Last time i changed tanks I had him in the net and almost gave him back to the lfs but I hoped a larger enviroment would help but he's still a brute.
w
If I could catch him his a#@ now he would be gone.

Looking good (y) Where are the photos of the food you feed them though?

New camera does make a big difference. What kind did you get? I just bought a new one also but I am still trying to figure out what all the buttons do. :)

Same here still trying to figure it out. Kodak easyshare 5 megapixel. The old one was only one megapixel. Just wanted ya`ll to get a good pic of my tank and see what I have as far as the whole picture. Tecwizard if you are talking about my corals my bottles of DT plankton and oyster eggs did not want to be photographed. I also use Kent`s Coralvite once a week with water change.

A couple of 800X600 shots would be nice :) Is the tank really that blue or is the white balance off? Lovely yellow tang, such wonderful fish :mrgreen:

The list of food is fine. I was wondering what you feed them. Now that my tank is pretty stable (5 months old) I was thinking of adding some corals but not really sure what’s compatible with my PC lighting (260 watts). At present I don’t have many additives besides ca which I have been keeping my tank at 450 ppm.

What are some of the corals/additives you would recommend without having to upgrade to MH lighting? Currently my water parameters using ro\di water are:

Temp 78 degrees
SG = 1.024
PH = 8.4
nh3 = 0
no2 = 0
no3 = <2.5
po4 = <.1
Ca = 450 ppm

Those are the only test I have and I do at least 10% water changes weekly. Do I need to buy other tests? Corals I’ve been interested in are:
Yellow & Green Polyp, Christmas Tree Soft Coral, Candy Cane Coral, & Short Tentacle Plate Coral.

My camera has a button you hit where you take several overlapping pictures of a large object and it uses software to merge them together. I am going to try it with my tank one day when I get some free time. I would be nice to have a detailed close up pick of the whole tank. See if you have that option on yours so you can tell me how to do it. :D

Brenden, I'm a graphics guru with Photoshop if you need help stitching the photos together. Usually in landscape mode on digital cameras you can see part of the edge of the last photo, and then you match it up as close as possible to the new photo you want to take. I always use a tripod when I use that setting.

There is a setup on the camera that does it for you. I just have not had the time to set down and look at it. The only free time I have to post on here etc is when I am at work...I mean at my office. :D I will keep you in mind. Thanks

You guys are getting too high tech on me now. I`ll check it out Brian and Techwizard you might be ready for some coral with those params.

Back
Top Bottom