new plant suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnyb1425

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking to re-plant my 15 gal. due to algae problems that I let get way out of hand. Besides Java Fern (which is the only plant still doing fine in the tank), what other plants are relatively easy to keep. My watts per gal. are around 1.8. I am going to keep a much closer eye on levels that I missed my first time around, but I am still no expert and am looking for some plants to enhance the tank.

I am new to Aquariums and planted tanks. I set up my aquarium last sunday and added Hornwort & Java Ferns last Thursday, Well My hornwort is growing at a rate of 3" per day! It's really amazing and hopefully will fill out nicely. I have less than1 wpg so this is a hearty plant that is apparently very easy to care for.

Many mosses will also do well at your light levels. Christmas moss, Taiwan moss, and willow moss can all add a very dramatic flare to low- to medium-light tanks, and shrimp seem to love it if you happen to keep them :)

Anubias (most species)
Java fern (most species)
Wisteria
Watersprite
Most Hygro species
Java moss
A. Reineckii (for color)
Crypts (most species)
dwarf sag (foreground)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom