New Plants = New Pictures!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just started the meds last night but already this morning it was looking better. Also did my second dosing last night, did a water test after the first one but didn't see much of a difference. I'll be testing everyday this week I think... I'll let you know how it goes.

Jeff

Looks very pretty! I have plants in mine, with gravel on the bottom. I wish I could get the kind of look you have, but the lfs only sells 2 or 3 types pf plants.. but yours look great!

Unfortuntately, you cant import perishable goods or agricultural stuff (ie plants) to the country I live in..

But thanks for trying to help!

Diva said:
Unfortuntately, you cant import perishable goods or agricultural stuff (ie plants) to the country I live in..
8O not to hijack this thread or anything, but why do they not allow those things?

I dont know - i guess its to try and prevent insects or parasites from coming in - probably dont want to introduce any new organisms to they ecosystem that might disrupt it -

Just a guess though. I really dont know.

According to the guy at my LFS, the Vermont Department of Agriculture adopted New Hampshire's rules regarding aquatic plants. We can no longer buy hygrophilia, elodia, or anacharis, to name a few.

Living so close to Canada the border people get worked up if you bring across anything like seeds, meat, or vegetables because they could get into the local ecosystem and throw everything in the local environment out of whack.

A very good example would be the zebra mussels in the Great Lakes.

I like the Glossostigma. It's a really nice carpet!

Back
Top Bottom