New Plants`

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have now or in the past used Dwarf Hairgrass in their tanks. I just put some in my 10 and 25 gal tanks. Does it grow fast with bright lighting, how long does it take to start a carpet of it. I think it is real cool, so I thought I'd give it a try, found it at PetSmart today. Oh and pictures would be cool.

I got some of the petsmart DHG a month or so ago, it's a good price for the amount you get. Good quality tissue cultured plants. I have some planted in a high light tank and it's been doing ok, I didn't divide it up too much, just separated it into clumps. Some of it is going yellow but other parts are bright green and sending off runners.

I also put some in an emersed tub that I put under sunlight and it's doing pretty good, hasn't really exploded in growth but it's staying healthy.

This is a plant that really does well with intense lighting.

Did u use any plant fertilizer? I think i will add it tomorrow, I just want to make sure it stays planted and the Gouramis don't eat it. Just checked and one floated to the top. How can I keep it planted in my gravel?

Yes I dose dry fertilizers periodically. Just push it into the substrate and if you have to push some substrate over top of it. As long as you see a little bit of it, it should be able to come out as it grows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom