New please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T4squared

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just been given a 160 litre tank with fish in and it's looking a little bare and want to and more fish, but I'm new to look this fish keep stuff so don't no if I can or what I can put in.

I have in the tank all ready are:
1 fighting fish
4 mollys
2 swordtails
2 dwarf gourami
6 head tail tetra
6 glow lights tetra
5 neon tetra
4 golden algae eaters.

I'm not sure tbh. I no its one inside the tank but like I said I was given the tank and not a 100% sure on stuff.

T4squared said:
Just been given a 160 litre tank with fish in and it's looking a little bare and want to and more fish, but I'm new to look this fish keep stuff so don't no if I can or what I can put in.

1 fighting fish
4 mollys
2 swordtails
2 dwarf gourami
6 head tail tetra
6 glow lights tetra
5 neon tetra
4 golden algae eaters.

Would you rehome any of the fish? If you were to rehome the fighter and 2 algae eaters and maybe a dwarf gourami ( depending on sex) then I think you could.

T4squared said:

1 fighting fish
4 mollys
2 swordtails
2 dwarf gourami
6 head tail tetra
6 glow lights tetra
5 neon tetra
4 golden algae eaters.

The 4 algae eaters makes this tank overstocked, IMO. Plus at some point you'll most likely have a problem with their aggression. They say one CAE needs a minimum of 30g so 4 in your sized tank, IMO, is too many. If you could rehome 3 or all of them that will help in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom