New Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love2Fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got a little Clown Pleco last night. He promptly went in the shipwreck in the bottom of my tank never to be seen since. I have drift wood in there and I put a couple algae tablets in, hoping to intice him out. The algae tablets got eaten mostly by my other fish really fast so i put like 3 or 4 in there to give him a chance at one and 2 of them were still full so I removed them this morning and the other one was like halfway eaten and then ignored. Is it just cause he is new and still adjusting or should I be concerned. He hasn't even attempted to go for any drift wood that I've seen

He is probably still adjusting. Dont try to force feed him if you just got him. You could also feed him some fresh vegetables and see if he goes for them.

Clown pleco's are active after the lights go out, normally invisible for the most part.

I know that, I didn't have the lights on hardly at all. He came out a couple times yesterday but was very skiddish. I was mostly worried about him not eating I guess. If he isn't eating by tomorrow night I will give him some zuchini or something

Theres always something in your fish tank for him to eat.. Even if you cant see it hes suckin on something.. What do you have rocks/ or sand?

Food crumbs usually lay in between rocks so chances are hes eating that rather than the food your putting in for it..assuming the pleco isnt the only fish in your tank, when i got mine i held off with the gravel vacuum for a few days just till he gets comfortable and starts to eat what u put in

Food crumbs usually lay in between rocks so chances are hes eating that rather than the food your putting in for it..assuming the pleco isnt the only fish in your tank, when i got mine i held off with the gravel vacuum for a few days just till he gets comfortable and starts to eat what u put in
Ok, Cories are doing a good job with that. hopefully there's enough to go around

Back
Top Bottom