New Polypterus....yes....ANOTHER one!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You would be right....though the dealer could ship to a city on the US side if you could pick it up and pass it through customs.

Fruitbat said:
You would be right....though the dealer could ship to a city on the US side if you could pick it up and pass it through customs.

I would still be looking at a 10-12 hour round trip, plus $80 or so in gas..I will just have to pass on this one, and see if my local wholesaler has spotted any on his lists recently.

12 hours? thats not that much. on our "vacation" we went from rockford IL to new york, and down to like somewhere else. we went to williams, coronell, err... something that starts with an a in that general vecinity and dartmouth. we drove like 12 hours a day for a week 8O 80$ for 12 hours? thats crazy!. okay its about 25$ a tank now. we only filled up like 2-3x for that whole trip. we have like 6 people in a 2000 (i think) toyota sienna. and luggage. which would take even more gas. i think the 12 hours is a more deterrent than the gas bill though :)

I enjoy driving, but...

1. This would not be a vacation...it would be a trip to pick up a couple of fish.

2. I drive a Ford Windstar....I get approximately 880km/545miles to a 105l/25gallon tank of gas...which runs me $79CDN/$60US for mid-grade.

3. I would need to travel to Great Fall, Montana, a 1200km/730mile round-trip that would require me to cross an international border twice...with all the delays that can entail.

...all for just a couple of fish....

Toirtis...

Just as an aside...I hauled out my copy of Jurassic Fishes and, lo and behold, they list Polypterus polli, NOT Polypterus palmas polli. I'll still stick to palmas polli for the time being.

Fruitbat said:
Toirtis...

Just as an aside...I hauled out my copy of Jurassic Fishes and, lo and behold, they list Polypterus polli, NOT Polypterus palmas polli. I'll still stick to palmas polli for the time being.

I'll be damned...you're right....oh well, I am sticking to the 1995 Copiea article.
:p

Back
Top Bottom