New. Problem with well water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wulev

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello from Northern Minnesota.

I had a 29 gal tank 25 yrs ago which ended quickly when my 3 yr old dumped all the food in and then swished it with the toilet brush... I am finding all the new info contradicting and confusing. Our well water is off the charts for ph and kh. On the short side for gh, maybe a 4. I used to buy spring water but apparently it has changed. Hmm..just trying to find a water solution.

You can still use spring water. Either 100% spring water or mix it with your well water to bring parameters down to where you want them.

Or RO water, either mixed with your well water or just use RO water and remineralise it to where you want it. Fish stores often sell RO water, or the cheaper option long is to get your own RO filter installed and make your own.

Hello from Northern Minnesota.

I had a 29 gal tank 25 yrs ago which ended quickly when my 3 yr old dumped all the food in and then swished it with the toilet brush... I am finding all the new info contradicting and confusing. Our well water is off the charts for ph and kh. On the short side for gh, maybe a 4. I used to buy spring water but apparently it has changed. Hmm..just trying to find a water solution.

LOL, aren't kids wonderful when they try to help :)

What are the actual numbers for the pH, GH & KH?
You can take a glass of well water to a pet shop and ask them to test it for you. Write down the results in numbers when they do the test, and also find out what the test results are measured in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

Back
Top Bottom