New Puff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
he is a little shy right now but he is adorable. my gf is still trying to think of a name for him but at the moment his name is Martin. i dont have a good camera so the pictures dont do him justice. The tank has 1 mudskipper, 1 fig 8 puffer, and 3 amano shrimp.

Attachments

• DSCI0019.jpg
    DSCI0019.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCI0024.jpg
    DSCI0024.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCI0025.jpg
    DSCI0025.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCI0031.jpg
    DSCI0031.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 111
Your puffer is cute. Im trying to convince my other half to let me have 1.
Love the ornament too, where did you get that from?

petco. I had it in my community tank but my gf wanted to do a spongebob theme so i took it out and realized i could use it in that tank.

if your amano shrimp go missing the puffer did it.... they are a main staple in there natural diet. just sayin

He is a cutie! He would probably benefit from some plants though. They really like aquascaping. I have never kept a mudskipper, but they are pretty cool.:)

Yea i no the amanos will probably go missing but as of now they have escaped his attempts. The mudskipper and the puffer dont see each other ever so they are fine. I plan on getting live parrots feather soon cause i heard it does well in brackish. My SG is ~1.006 so i hope any plants i put in there live. If anyone has clippings from a brackish tank that they want to get rid of let me know. I have good lighting in the tank so they should grow well if they can handle the salt.

well i just got home and i saw a piece of a shrimp in the tank and i cant find any of them so i now know i dont have to feed him today because he had a good dinner.

i hate to say i told you so buuttttt....... yeah...:whistle:

i knew it was gonna happen from day one, so it was more of a i hate to say i agree with you. even before day one. i had bought them because i didnt think i was getting a puffer for a month or two. I thought that he would eat them right away but then he didnt until 2 days later. i want to really plant the tank and maybe get ghost shrimp and see if they can hide and breed in there.

I have wanted one of those since I started. But I still haven't educated myself on brackish or marine set ups. But, the selection you have is really cool!!!

i have wanted a mudskipper since i saw them in the book my grandfather gave to me(exotic aquarium fishes). when i got to college i found a place that would order them for me and i got them and i had to hurry and set up a tank cause he said he might never get them again(he was right because he closed down). then i made their tank bigger and i needed a fish for the bottom. i have always loved puffers and when i was younger and less educated i had a GSP in my community tank but he died in less then a week, im pretty sure everyone here knows why.

Back
Top Bottom