New Python Help Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmanova

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a new 25ft. Python No Spill Water Changer and tried it for the first time today. I followed the directions to a tee, but cannot get it to work. I have city water with decent pressure, but cannot get enough suction! I hooked it up properly and when I put the tube in my tank it just does not draw hard enough! Is there some trick to this that makes it work?

When the tube is inside the tank, turned on, go and switch your water faucet on both hot and cold. Then, after you see the last bubble come through the tubing, turn off the hot water and this should be enough of a draw to do your water change.

Do I fill the entire tubing from the sink to the shutoff valve with tap water, then insert the tube into the tank filling it and keeping it submerged then open the shutoff valve and turning on faucet?

You should be able to stick the empty tube in the water and then get a good draw by turning on the faucet full blast.

I struggled so much with that thing the first few times! I found that turning on the water faucet, submerging the python in the tank with the shut off valve closed tends to build up some good suction. Count about 3 or 4 seconds and switch the shut off valve to open, and bam... Good suction lol

I pump water first into the tank a little to fill the hose. (helps I have a sump and can add a good amount of gallons you might not be able to) If you cant place it in the tank as said above and use to tap water to make pressure to start the siphon. If you want more run the water a bit.

gmanova said:
I just got a new 25ft. Python No Spill Water Changer and tried it for the first time today. I followed the directions to a tee, but cannot get it to work. I have city water with decent pressure, but cannot get enough suction! I hooked it up properly and when I put the tube in my tank it just does not draw hard enough! Is there some trick to this that makes it work?

The way I do mine is I hook it to the sink turn on water switch the valve to suction and then I can hear it. Then I put my hand over the wand and feel to see if its got good suction then I put into tank and never had a suction problem.

Yes, it appears filling the hose and then drawing suction might do it. Just doesn't seem to work like the directions say or even from their video. And I thought this would be easy!

Back
Top Bottom