New redtailed shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRaid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a red tailed shark today and he was fine when i left the pet store. As soon as i put him in the tank his color changed to a grey and his tail has no color at all. Its like a white now. I checked the water and its fine. Hes got places to hide. Is he stressed because of his new enviroment? I dont want him to die or get sick.

I had a red finned shark it got to be 6-8inches i loved that thing it was ridiculous really held its own against my cichlids i had a flower pot in my tank which it claimed for itself funny fish i definitely will be getting more

yeah.. probably just a little freaked out by his new home. Maybe just keep an eye on him for a few days and make sure he/she doesnt get worse.

Perfectly normal....when introduced to new environment......they are stressed and IME their black does turn grayish and tail will become more translucent their color will do the same at night also when the lights go out....but their color is superb in the daytime...good luck

Back
Top Bottom