New Salt Set Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New Additions

I know many would say I'm going too fast and need to take more time with my SW tank. My parameters are solid and I decided it's now or never. Plus I'm really excited. The Damsels are gone and here's the new inhabitants, I just couldn't wait!

Attachments

• Star 2.jpg
    Star 2.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Zoa 2.jpg
    Zoa 2.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Clown.jpg
    Clown.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 115
Looks great! Just put in my sand bed last night, rock is coming in about an hour, very exciting!
Good luck with your new inhabitants!

Is that a maroon clown? Those get way to large fir a 10. I wouldn't put one in a 30 honestly. Look them up. A percula would be a better choice. Gotta say, those zoas are beautiful. Nice find!

Is that a maroon clown? Those get way to large fir a 10. I wouldn't put one in a 30 honestly. Look them up. A percula would be a better choice. Gotta say, those zoas are beautiful. Nice find!

My 40g is in the works & I've got some time, my plan is to get settled with the 10 and learn a bit more then I'll get the 40 up, cycled and steady, then I'll slowly move everything into the 40. If the Maroon goes on a tear and starts to grow to big I'll just get to do the 40 sooner. Yeah, I'm stoked about the Zoa's lfs guy is way cool and very helpful too.

More equimpment

I've got a vacation coming up soon, very needed, and I've had to automate some things so I don't have the receptionist here at the office taking over reefing duties. I've picked up a couple of timers and auto feeder. My vacation is in 3 weeks so, I'm putting the new equipment through its paces. so far it's working as scheduled. I've moved the corals to where I want them to grow and both are stable. Now my patience needs to start working. :popcorn:

I took a hammer to my reef.

My parameters have been solid and I had some birthday cash so I went out and got a Hammer for my reef. The lfs owner was pretty cool about my birthday and hooked me up with a Candy Cane frag, its smaller than a dime. I had to cement the two myself and got another tool in my belt now. Check it out!!

Attachments

• 3-11-2013.jpg
    3-11-2013.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 80
  • New Candy Cane 3-7-2013.jpg
    New Candy Cane 3-7-2013.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 77
Looks great! Did you use some kind of coral epoxy or super glue gel? Gotta learn to do that too!

Aqua Stick

Thanks y'all! Yeah, they have a cement that cures in the water. Do a search on Aqua Stick. U can use it on live rock as well if ur worried about it slipping...

Attachments

• Aqua Stick.jpg
    Aqua Stick.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 72
Brown Algae

I've noticed I've got Brown Algae growing. According to many sources this is part of the natural progression in a SW tank. Seems as if I'm doing a good job!

:dance:

Current Stock

Here's some pictures of the tank. Thanks to everyone whose helped out so far. :thanks:

Attachments

• WHole Tank 2.jpg
    WHole Tank 2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Yellow Eyelash.jpg
    Yellow Eyelash.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Blue Mushroom.jpg
    Blue Mushroom.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Red Mushroom.jpg
    Red Mushroom.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 84
Day 9, 0 nitrates, nitrites and ammonia. Gonna sit tight til week 2 and then maybe small Cuc. Diatoms also seem to be going away. Macro algae growing from live rock, looks like caluerpa. I don't have a refugium or chaeto, maybe I'll let this grow and harvest it during water changes. I threw some mangroves in the back too, I'm gonna light them at night with a fuge led I got on amazon. New scape cuz I can't stop fiddling with it!

Attachments

• image-1142332009.jpg
    image-1142332009.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1670964915.jpg
    image-1670964915.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 91
New Reef-scape

I was looking around, the lfs, and they've got some dope Balsto's! I'll be picking one up this week for sure. Anyhow I decided I'd need to make some room for my new specimen and made some reef-scape adjustment. Here's some pics. And I found something new, there appears to be an apple in my tank, can you find it too?
(y)

Attachments

• Rescape 2.jpg
    Rescape 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Rescape 3.jpg
    Rescape 3.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Rescape 4.jpg
    Rescape 4.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Rescape.jpg
    Rescape.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 69
A new Brain for me?

Here's a pic of my new Open Brain, even though I'm sure it's not open yet.

Attachments

• Brain Day 1.jpg
    Brain Day 1.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 103
Here's a pic of my new Open Brain, even though I'm sure it's not open yet.

It will probably plump up a little bit. They show their feeding and sweeper tentacles generally at night. They emerge from inbetween the red and green parts. Once acclimated, they'll often put them out in the daytime if there is food in the water column.

Healthy and alive

I went away for two weeks and left the sec to top off my tank. Low and behold there was water and lot's of brown stuff when I returned. I've cleaned the glass and this is what I found behind it.

Attachments

• April 2nd 2013.jpg
    April 2nd 2013.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 111
Back
Top Bottom