New Saltwater Additions!! (PICS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got this mated pair of clowns last Thursday. They were $120, but I got them for free with my xenia (weed) credit!

I finally found a store that gives good credit for xenia... :D

The other is a big saddleback and a skunk clown. They all get along great. I noticed one little spot on one of the clowns, so they are in a cupramine treatment. They will be added to the main next Saturday if all symptoms are gone, and they are as of now.

Thanks for looking!

BTW the Black percs are named Ebony & Ivory, the Saddleback is named Bubba, and the skunk is named casper...... :lol:

img_462113_0_602f769d02c50dbfd92f39e5e5b71778.jpg

img_462113_1_a7f4447bec0e110653549387f967b001.jpg

img_462113_2_7b666b5ea869906e3d77081c0436d085.jpg

img_462113_3_39577f957bc9fcd0d0a1a51724b57c97.jpg

Beauties! Very nice! I love black Percs. If I had a pair of those I'd keep them to themselves in a 10g for breeding. Good luck with them!

nice credit plan...wish I knew ANYONE that wanted xenia near me. Good luck with the fish!

One other quick question...you say they are a mated pair, how can you tell?
The reason I am asking is I have a pair of maroon clowns that are pretty big and a pair of tomato clowns that are HUGE and I have yet to see any results of mating.

Ohhh man, im jealous. I have been wanting a pair of these as of late. You say they get along great with your other clowns, but do you think they would get along with a pair of small true perculas? I am getting mixed opinions.

Also, does the store you bought them from have a site?

Thanks and good luck.

i think when one establishes themselves as the token female they begin mating. I think it all comes down to water condition and tank mates.. IF the water isnt too great they wont spawn and if their tankmates are overbearing/aggressive they may choose not to spawn because the chances of survival are lower. I have a pair of Tomato Clowns that spawn every week. And a pair of o.clowns that are paired up but havent spawned yet.. I think because the female has just turned female and is not as big as the male yet..

Back
Top Bottom