New saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike-portocarrero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 damsels in my new FO saltwater tank would they die when cycling the water? Does anyone knows where to buy cheap live rock?

If you cycle with fish you run the risk of the fish dying before the cycle is complete. You can help keep them alive by doing frequent water changes based on your test results for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. :)

Yeah I was told that how often should I do the water changes? During cycling? Is been running for a week with the three fish

Mike-portocarrero said:
Yeah I was told that how often should I do the water changes? During cycling? Is been running for a week with the three fish

Whenever your testing shows more than .25 ammonia or nitrite then you need to change enough water to reduce it below those levels.

I personally used base rock and add live rock to seed my base and after a year my tank is brimming with life. Try and find a local store or else an online store with flat rate shipping or else shipping costs will bite hard. Lastly I would cycle fishless to be easy on my fish but its up to u. Damsels can get mean.mine personally is a wimp and gets run off by my gobys all the time

Back
Top Bottom