New sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chevypride

Aquarium Advice Freak
I put new sand in my tank, washed it pretty good. It's still a bit cloudy... Should I just let it settle or keep doing water changes? If I need to do water changes how many a day at what percent?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394399329.987373.jpg

You can do as many as you want, but I'd just let it go away on its own. If it really bugs you, just keep doing 50% changes.

It should be gone or almost gone in 24 hours provided you have enough filtration.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Let it settle. Here's a tank I swapped for a friend that was more cloudy than yours less than a day later. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394422036.166775.jpg

Yes, it will be fine, when i added my sand it was extremly cloudy, you couldnt see the back wall, give it a night and it will clear up

Okay thanks guys. I just didn't know if the cloudy water would harm the fish.

No they will be just fine, i thought the same when it happpend to me

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394430432.583981.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394430432.583981.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394430432.583981.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 101
Will the cloudy water damage the impeller of my canister filter or HOB? Not concentrated sand, but just the cloudy water aspect of it. Thanks

I just turned my filter off for a couple hours, and when I turned it back on it seemed fine. (When I did it the first time I turned it on right away and could here it grinding. Woops).

The cloudiness isn't actual sand, just dissolved dirt and clay. It won't harm anything.

I put new sand in my tank, washed it pretty good. It's still a bit cloudy... Should I just let it settle or keep doing water changes? If I need to do water changes how many a day at what percent?View attachment 226813
Add some floss to your filter and it will look much better in a matter of hours, providing you have enough filtration of course. It should be crystal clear in a few days.....

Back
Top Bottom