New shrimp!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jev12

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm so excited I just ordered some blue velvet shrimp I can't wait to get them...what is the best thing to feed them

Ok where would I get sinking veggie strips

They will be getting here Wednesday I'm so excited

Try blanched peas cut into quarters and deshelled. You can keep them in the fridg and they love them

You got some great answers already, but I will just throw in my two cents based on what I feed mine. Mine seem to love anything edible lol. Definitely give them a varied diet of blanched veg, sinking shrimp foods (also went through Ken's Fish), etc. Another thing all my shrimp (and most of my fish, as well) love is barley pellets. It's a good food source plus it helps condition your water. I buy the brand BorneoWild Barley, and all my shrimp go nuts for it. I got mine at theshrimptank.com but there are other places to get it as well. I also make a homemade food for all my inverts that have lots of extra calcium. It's simple to make and very healthy, even if it is super stinky. I can send you the recipe if you like. One last thing to consider is adding alder cones to your tank. They give another place for shrimp to feed off the microorganisms, which is much more natural to them. Hope this helps! Can't wait to see pics of your BVs!

Alright thank you guys...and I would love the recipe for the homemade food please

Yeah I guess it would be a lot easier to just buy them lol

Oh man I disagree lol! I make homemade fish and invert food (and baby food too but that is irrelevant here) and it saves lots of money! I think I spent about $25 but it made about 6 months worth of food. I also used my Food Saver vacuum thingie so it stays super fresh in the freezer. It's definitely not necessary but I like knowing what's in everything I feed my family...including my tank babies! If you want the recipe I use I can PM you.

Ok after almost a month I finally got my shrimp they range from tiny almost like microscopic to almost adult size I ordered twenty regular grade blue velvet shrimp and after all the complications he upgraded them to high grade and put in a few extra...however I am unable to count how many are in the bag so I willl have to see once I put them in to drip acclimate

image-4216223918.jpg

Just a picture of the bag...you can sort of see the adult looking one right in the middle of the picture

Hey guys I am getting red cherry shrimp soon and would like to the the shrimp recipes

image-263257701.jpg

Drip acclimating...you can sort of see how small they are

Back
Top Bottom