New skimmer!!!!! Finally!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
AS some of you know, I had a coralife 220 skimmer which didn't work, so I upgraded to a reef octopus NW-200 rated for 250 gallons. This thing is huge. I've had it working only since this morning and it's already pulling some gunk out. Looks really good!!!!! Check it out!

Attachments

• image-1163023415.jpg
    image-1163023415.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2680891200.jpg
    image-2680891200.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 93
Hey Crister,
I'm running a Corallife as well, it works, but not very well and requires constant adjustment.
Where did you get it and how much, if you don't mind. Been hunting for awhile!!

I got the reef octo at marine depot. It was $280. I have to jump start the pump but it's really simple. Plug it in, and then low air really hard through the air muffler and it starts.

That's awesome. That is what I have been wanting too. Question, can you submerse the return line rather than having it fire water out like that? That has been my only hang up on it.

Im not sure. I think I read something about it Saying its not supposed to be. If your issue is noise or bubbles you can easily just rubber band a filter sock on.

No, I don't want it firing the water out of the sump! Lol. With the 20 long being short, I already salt creeping along the edge from my crappy seaclone. If I pointed it towards the fuge then it would cause a huge mess with my cheato.

Then just rubber band a filter sock on it. It'll flow straight down the sock and into the sump.

I would imagine you could just put a 90 degree elbow on the return to point down into the water. Or atleast be able to pipe it somehow. I know ive seen people do this somewhere.

Actually i just remembered how. Put a T fitting on it. One end of the T goes down into the water and the top is open to allow air to escape without creating lots of bubbles.

Man, with how my luck has been with getting the 55 going I can see the water going straight up if I put a T joint on it...probably physically impossible but I'm sure I'd find a way LOL.

Sniperhank said:
Man, with how my luck has been with getting the 55 going I can see the water going straight up if I put a T joint on it...probably physically impossible but I'm sure I'd find a way LOL.

Im not sure its possible. Im pretty sure a lot of skimmers have a T on the end now that i think about it.

crister13 said:
It came with the elbow it just points down!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Yeah that might cause too many bubbles though but i would try it anyway just to see and noise reduction would probably be significant.

Back
Top Bottom