New Snails!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mzoeller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Where I live there is only a big box store, and not the one I prefer. I've been going religiously every Thursday (the day new livestock is put out) and they almost never have new Mystery Snails. I drove about 3 hours round trip to another big box store that said they had a ton of them and came home with three! That was Sunday - three days ago.

I have two 10g tanks that had a snail in each. Now there are two in one tank and three on the other. The two in the first tank are black and blue. They are named Gary (yep, not very original) and Freddie (Mercury). In the other tank there are two blue ones and one ivory. The ivory one has been named Snoop Dog, and I'm still working on names for the other two.

All of them are chowing on the snail-o and there usually isn't any left to clean up. I'm giving them some every other night when they are active. I'm hoping that is enough food.

I am working on getting a 55g saltwater tank set up and will make one of the 10g tanks a snail habitat. Is 5 snails too much for a 10g tank? And should I leave any fish (I have tetras & cory cats) in there with them?

The ivory snail has incredible antennas. They are really long and swirl around like crazy when he active. So fun to watch!

Just had to share my excitement!

Big snail fan here and 5 snails on a 5 g is fine. IMG_3694.jpg

I’ve shown you mine (snail antennas) now you gotta show me yours. Lol

Last edited:
:) would love to see pictures of the ivory and the blue ones. i have a soft spot for snails.

Big snail fan here and 5 snails on a 5 g is fine. View attachment 310167

I’ve shown you mine (snail antennas) now you gotta show me yours. Lol

that is one beautiful snail you have there. love the long antennas and great coloring.

Last edited:
That snail is a beautiful color! And I have a soft spot for these little guys too. I couldn't get pictures of the blues, but will post when they come out to play. Here is the ivory snail.20180822_211626_Film1-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom