New Species/Type of Denison Barb/Roseline Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super4Ever

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

Was at one of my lfs the other day and they had a new type of Roseline Shark. It was white (definitely not albino) and had the red stipe along the side. Some we completely white while others had some blackish spots mixed in.

Has anyone heard of these before? The guy claims this in the first shipment of these into the United States, and any searches I do come up empty.

Went back there, seems like it's two breeds.

One is definitely the golden torpedo barb, they're just calling them yellow roseline sharks. They want $80 a piece for these.

The other is a mixture of both the normal and the yellow, and they're just calling them a mixed roseline shark. They want $55 a piece for these.

My question is, are these prices totally unreasonable? Roseline's are some of my favorite fish and I would love to have these alternate breeds but these prices seem astronomical. All I know is I haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

I love my roselines(all 12) but couldn't bring myself to $80 or $55 for the others....

I thought they were expensive 6 years ago when I paid $25 for mediums.

PetSmart puts 'regular' roselines on sale for $7!

Good find though.

Back
Top Bottom