New stuff popping up after 9 months!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm just wondering what these things are, they've been popping up all over lately. I'm not worried about them at all, just curious.

The first pic has a little tube with red/orange things coming out of it. If also like to know what those dark reddish purple spots are all over the rock. I know it's not cyno because it doesn't come off AT ALL.

The second pic has these tubes with brown things coming out of them. I'm almost positive they're not aptasia because it looks like they're extensions of the rock, with these brownish things coming out.

Sorry about the quality, these were taken with an old iphone

Attachments

• image-3437279093.jpg
    image-3437279093.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 128
  • image-2155225804.jpg
    image-2155225804.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 118
The purple might be your coraline algae which is good not sure about the first picture. But that kinda looks like what my aiptasia started out as in my tank in your second picture

Originally I thought it was aptasia, but the extensions coming off the rock are not that clear/brown, they look like part of the rock.

Dusters and coraline algae. Cool stuff. It is really cool when stuff comes out so far after the tank is set up and survives the cycle. A year into mine I had a chiton come out into my tank, scared the crap out of me.

Back
Top Bottom