new SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobra2003rg

Aquarium Advice Activist
i NEED HELP....all my fish keep dying.....

1 condy
2 clown fish (clarki)
cc star
and 2 puffers
not all at the same time

i dont know what i am doing wrong... my water specifics are ..

sg 1.024
ph 7.0
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
amonia 3 (after the clowns just died)
temp 79
10% water changes

i only have a 10 gallon tank HOB filter, powerhead, live sand and rocks.

please help

Welcome to AA!
How long has the tank been setup? How are you testing your pH....what brand test kit? A pH of 7 in a saltwater tank is virtually impossible.

I agree something is off on the pH. What size tank, how many pounds of rock, what media is in your HOB filter, and did you cycle it properly?

Well for one your way over stocked for a ten gallon. Imo you could maybe keep one clarki. How long has it been up and running? Or did you cycle the tank?

Last edited:
About 3 weeks and I use API test strips and ammonia strips

its a ten gallon tank and the HOB is a aqua clear 20
6lbs of live sand and 10lbs of live rock and i did not have all the fish i listed in the tank at the same time

3 weeks is one problem and you need to raise your ph. Also your goimg to need to try your hardest with water changes to keep that water under control now that you have fish when the tankbwasnt ready. I would try and get a bigger tank or work something out with your lfs to take them back.

just 2 GSP's and they are good.. but nothing else... i have a 10 gal tank because i could not afford a bigger tank. and how do i raise my PH

ok what is a nano fish and where can i get one if thats what i need

ok what is a nano fish and where can i get one if thats what i need

Nano Fish

There is a good place to start and you have 2 GSPs in there? As in Green Spot Puffers? If so they will quickly out grow that tank and for 2 really need about a 55 gallon.

Also if your using crushed coral as a substrate I would try another test kit for your PH that just doesn't add up.

yeah green spotted puffer . and im using a crushed coral sand mix what test equipment would u recommend

Gsps. Get to big for a ten gallon setup you need to get rid of them then fix you water quality or problems. Nano stands for small keep in mind most saltwater fish get big and its recommended to have a 55 gallon tank. If you google nano saltwater fish it will show you a ton.

i intend on getting a bigger tank but i have to convince my wife...

Back
Top Bottom