New Sword Leaves Brown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B.ketsa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey so I'm not to sure about this but I thought I'd ask. I have 2 amazon swords growing out in my 20gallon to get big enough as the focal points for my 80. Anyways each has sprouted about 7 new leaves (which started as bright green like everywhere said they should) but recently with new lighting (14watt cfl bulb (1) at 800lumen) and a cheap 8watt fluorescent fixture the one sword has sprouted 2 new plants with all of the veins being brown. Is this a lighting issue? A simple fix? Is it nothing to worry about? Or is it possibly a lack of nutrients. I do give Excel and they both have root tabs beside them.

Swords need extra care. High light, co2, ferts from what I heard. I unknowingly bought them not knowing their care. I have a monster one that is slowly dying only because I use ferts and co2 but my light isn't strong enough. My smaller Swords are thriving but will probably succumb to not enough light. I also have eco complete substrate.

Back
Top Bottom