New tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donkeykong

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been tring to decide which tang to get fo my 80gl. I was playing with either a hippo or a powder blue. There was some baby hippos at the LFS but I have always heard that they dont have vey good success rates when purchased that small. All this time there was this kole in one of the back tanks that I would look at. The more I would look at it the better it looked. I took my wife in with me to "look around" and presto one kole tang in my tank. Will have pics by the end of the night, if the fish will pose for me that is.

a kole tang is a great additon to any tank because it eats algae and it also eats the dropping of other fish thus breaking things down even more. The best tang IMO is the Yellow Tang they eat algae like theres no tomorrow, are relatively cheap, have a beautiful yellow, and are readily available.

Best I could do before the batteries in the camera went dead

Its made its at home and is all over the tank. Has made friends with the cleaner shrimp and learned that the Coralbanded shrimp dont like company. I already see lip prints on the back glass

Hi there! Congrats on the new tang! Tangs are beautiful and friendly fish! The only question I have is: Will your tank be big enough? Tangs on the whole need alot of swim space so as not to stress them and cause them to die!
I have an 80 gallon reef aquarium as well and do not have a tang in it because of that reason. I think a yellow tang may be alright but still I am a little concerned about attempting it! Johnny:)

Back
Top Bottom