New tank advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luv4bettas

Aquarium Advice Activist
So this is my first saltwater tank! Please, please, please give me advice! I know SOME things about these aquariums and I know I HAVE to know more even BEFORE I get the tank!! So I need advice!! Can I please get 10+ facts or tips to saltwater aquariums? I am going to get coral as a starter!! Any reef fish i need for it? Or a heater? I don't know!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! I am willing to wait a few years for the starter tank!!! And also after atleast 5 years of saltwater fish tanks I want to try cuttlefish so please give me some tips on those too!!!!! Thanks!!!! I really wanted to try cuttlefish but I thought A LOT of knowledge and experience with corals and stuff will help!!!! I just need atleast 1 fact/tip about the coral and the cuttlefish is optional!! Thanks!!
Keep Swimming!!ψ
Luv4bettas :fish1:

1. Research everything
2. Go slow
3. Quarantine all new additions. Even your very first fish
4. Do regular water changes
5. Fish first corals later
6. Cycle the tank, then slowly stock a clean up crew
7. No anemones for a year
8. Make sure the fish fit in the tank. No you can't put dory in a tank less than 6 ft long.
9. Never buy damsels
10. Only 2 clowns to a tank.

For now I just want A coral because it's seems good for a starter. I was wondering if I HAVE to get a fish for it

Luv4bettas
Its best to allow a tank to mature before adding coral. You don't need a fish, but why wouldn't you want a fish?

I will let the tank mature but first before I even buy the tank I want to know as much as I can so it will probably be a couple of years before I buy the tank and also, I thought coral would be easier to maintain as a starts because I am new to this.

Luv4bettas

I will let the tank mature but first before I even buy the tank I want to know as much as I can so it will probably be a couple of years before I buy the tank and also, I thought coral would be easier to maintain as a starts because I am new to this.

Luv4bettas
Coral is acutually a bit more complicated then fish. Tbh, keeping saltwater fish isn't much different than fresh water fish.

How big of a tank were you thinking?
But should I get like a tropical fish for it

Luv4bettas
I would at least get a wrasse if you dont want fish. They will help control any pests and keep copepod / isopod levels down. A six line would work nicely for that.

Get a six bar wrasse I saw them in Seychelles theyre awsome !!!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

How much space do you need for a six bar wrasse ?

Are 60 ltr biorbs any good ?

Back
Top Bottom