New tank arriving soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

riksworld

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

just orderd my new tank form a lfs, allready have 2 x 200ltrs up and running, just after some advice

the new tank is 6ft long, 2.5ft high and 2ft in depth, the tank will have a sump preinstalled into the cabinet with some t5 lights running, the weir will be built into the tank so no messing about with external boxes, the toal size including the stand comes in at 6ft high, 6ft long and 2ft depth, time for some step ladders i think

ive got the internal size as around 800 litres with the sump running as well, proberbly be a tropical setup as i know this or am i wasting this tank size with a tropical setup?

would i need 2 heaters for this setup as its alot of water?
whats the best fish to keep in such a big tank?
any other advice on such a large tank?

if you have any advice or comments about stocking and running a tank please reply

any posts would be thanked

Welcome to AA :) 2 heaters would be great... that way you will have one to cover the other if one goes bad, as well as heating the water more evenly... hard to say the best fish to keep, really depends on what you want to keep... Mbuna would be my suggestion, but its totally a personal opinion. Its really hard to suggest anything yet until you figure out what youre wanting to stock. One main thing that i'll suggest though is to make sure you cycle the tank. I see you already have 2 other tanks, so hopefully you already know about cycling, but if not, read through the link in my signature on fishless cycling... its a must :)

thanks for your reply

i am thinking of having a rather unsuall tank setup, such as unusall fish etc

Back
Top Bottom