New tank for my Daughter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BenjiLew

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Image1496496428.227303.jpg

My Daughter loves fish so for her first birthday I put together this small tank.

I am looking for stocking recommendations of colorful easy to care for fish.

Right now I just tossed 6 male guppies and 2 marble loaches in but that's all.

Any ideas?

Yea! Fish for kids! We first got our fish for our daughter and experiencing her enjoying them has been wonderful.

What size is this tank? I'm assuming you're doing a fish-in cycle?

Yea! Fish for kids! We first got our fish for our daughter and experiencing her enjoying them has been wonderful.

What size is this tank? I'm assuming you're doing a fish-in cycle?

I am honestly not sure what the size is.
I always tend to find thrown out tanks while I am out. So I take them home and fix them up.

I have two others that I am going to work on now.

I am guessing it's about 25-30 gal.

The other two are around 45 gal for the corner tank and 65-70 for the panoramic tank.

Yes it is in cycle.

I live in Israel and the use metric here so when I ask people the always give me an estimate in liters, which confuses me.

My plans are for a community tank in the panoramic and a couple fire eels or snowflake morays for the corner tank.

I fixed the small tank first because it had a lid, while I have to build a stand and lid for the other two.

I fixed and put together a community tank for my mother as well, she has cichlids in hers.

But I want the one for my daughter to be easy to maintain so that when she is old enough I can teach her to care for them on her own and I can move it to her room.

IMG_2779.jpg

Image1496564300.691876.jpgImage1496564317.121456.jpgImage1496564362.727867.jpgImage1496564386.765944.jpg

???
In terms of stocking, male guppies are pretty and active. I personally loved harlequin rasboras. People like tetras.

My absolute favorite schooling fish is pseudomugil furcata. They are more sensitive and expensive, though, since they are wild caught.

I'm also a big fan of snails. Mystery snails are often very active and have huge personalities. Rabbit snails look like rabbits and "hop." Very fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom