New tank - Help moving fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisb2011

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm getting a new tank shortly and was wondering how can I transfer my fish over to the new tank without using my old filter and without waiting ages for the new tank as the old tank HAS to go about 1/2 weeks after the new tank arrives
I can't put my old filter I'n my new tank as I was planning on slowly adding the fish over a few days to the new tank so if i put it I'n my new tank then my old one won't have one at all

If I understand you correctly, you are looking to transfer fish from your old tank to a new one without a filter? You aren't planning on getting a filter for the new tank? You are getting rid of the old tank along with the current filter? I was trying to make sense of what you wrote.

Do you have a reason for wanting to transfer them slowly?

If you fill your new tank with all of the water from your old tank, and hook up your old filter to your new tank - there's no reason why you can't add all of your current fish to the new tank right away.

Adding fish slowly is only for filters that aren't yet set up for more fish. As long as your filter is already handling all of your fish, it will handle them just the same on the new tank.

Ok well the tank I'm getting has an external so I'm going to transfer 50% of the old tanks water into the new tank and then top it up with normal water treat it an leave for a few days then put the fish I'n and put the old filter I'n aswell for a little while

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom