New tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moobs99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey

Iv brought a new tank and I'm hoping some of you can give me some advice on how to quicken up the cycle as I will need it ready in 3/4 days, I'm upswing sand from an old tank but the filter and media are all brand new!

greetings.

i wonder if you can put some of the sand into the filter, maybe in a teabag so the sand doesn't fall out and into the rotor. since there is some bacteria in the sand, wouldn't this bacteria then spread to the rest of the filter media?

If you have the sand......what happened to the
Old filter???? And why 3/4 days?? Did your old system break and your trying to save stock?

Hey sorry for the late reply, yes my old filter packed in and before I could get home from work my partner put in in the bin! Lol reason I needed it in 3/4 days was that my tank is massively over stocked due to the old filter braking down, I went to my lfs and they gave me some filter media and since then my lvls have been dropping nicely :)

Yeah they really helped me out even to the point where they told me to bring my fish in and they would look after them for me until my new tank was ready to house them,

Back
Top Bottom