New tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm getting my new 75 g aquarium next week an still have a lot to do before it's up and running but I will be getting 4 marble veil angelfish 2 German blue ram cichlids 10 boesemani rainbow fish 10 Congo tetra and 6 Cory cats don't know what species of Cory cats to get though if anyone could give me tips on keeping these sorts of fish like what they like to eat any advice would be appreciated also I thought 38 fish may be too many so I cut It down to 32 would 4 angelfish 2 German blue rams 12 boesmani rainbows 12 Congo tetra and 8 Cory cats be ok or should I go with the 32 listed first? Thanks

wow sounds like alot off fish and one hell off filtration system ya running:hide:

wow sounds like alot off fish and one hell off filtration system ya running:hide:
Yeah I have a DIY wet dry trickle tower style filter with filter floss bioballs and ceramic rings with dual 200 watt heaters an air pump and a 500 gph pump with dual 10 watt uv sterilizers and I was recieving help from another person on this site they told me that with the fish I had selected that 38 would be ok but even 32 sounds like way too many to me I think I'm going to cut it down further to just 6 Congo tetra and 6 rainbowfish that'll bring it down to 26 that sounds more reasonable but then again that's y I asked I haven't dealt much with these kind of fish

Yeah I have a DIY wet dry trickle tower style filter with filter floss bioballs and ceramic rings with dual 200 watt heaters an air pump and a 500 gph pump with dual 10 watt uv sterilizers and I was recieving help from another person on this site they told me that with the fish I had selected that 38 would be ok but even 32 sounds like way too many to me I think I'm going to cut it down further to just 6 Congo tetra and 6 rainbowfish that'll bring it down to 26 that sounds more reasonable but then again that's y I asked I haven't dealt much with these kind of fish

Here hat I have in my 55 of may help guide for your 75 stocking.

2 bn plecos
6 boesmani rainbows
6 lemon tetras
8 black skirt tetras
2 German blue rams
2 dwarf gouramis
1 leopard stenapoma.

That's 27 fish total.

If i were you I would go with only 6 boesmani and 6 congos and maybe add a school of rasboras or something. Those boesmanis get too big to have that many IMO.

Yeah both boesmani and congos get real big (for schooling fish). I agree with the 6 of each idea. Although it does sound like you have quite the filtration system!

Yeah both boesmani and congos get real big (for schooling fish). I agree with the 6 of each idea. Although it does sound like you have quite the filtration system!

What I'm gonna end up going with is just getting rid of the boesemani rainbow fish and going with 10 Congo tetra that will creat plenty of space and the reason I didn't go with a canister filter or a big hang on back filter is the need constant maintenance but a wet dry trickle filter you rarely have to clean and the only thing you would really ever have to clean is the filter floss very effective simply and low maintenance

don't know what species of Cory cats to get though if anyone could give me tips on keeping these sorts of fish like what they like to eat any advice would be appreciated Thanks

I've always liked peppered corys. They look neat and seem to be hardy. They make for a good clean up crew for leftover food.

Back
Top Bottom