new tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol actually i have. [emoji38] i got some hydrocotyle tripartita japan in a few days ago and ive thought about putting it on the right just below the java fern to help cover the roots and rhizomes on the ferns. what do you guys think? do it or not?

yes it is. im hoping in the next week or 2 it will be fully grown. ive been meaning to ask you where in mississippi are you from? im from hattiesburg. if you ever feel like trading plants let me know.
I live up in North MS, and I dont even have any plants to trade right now anyways. I took down my tanks while moving into an apartment. I finally bought a house. I'm just now getting back at it.

I live up in North MS, and I dont even have any plants to trade right now anyways. I took down my tanks while moving into an apartment. I finally bought a house. I'm just now getting back at it.

ah right on. well when you start getting your tanks running again shoot me a message. i like doing raok's and would be willing to send you stuff to get you back on your feet without spending alot of money. just cover shipping and ill send whatever you want.

ah right on. well when you start getting your tanks running again shoot me a message. i like doing raok's and would be willing to send you stuff to get you back on your feet without spending alot of money. just cover shipping and ill send whatever you want.
Sounds good. I may need to take you up on that offer. I'm about to plant this 60g, but I'm probably going to have to get some new lights first.

I'm not that experienced with planted tanks. I had one 10g dirted, with nothing but walmart lights, but that thing grew like crazy. 1531718251916.jpg

so the tank is going great as usual. just did a cleaning and a little trimming on it. i had some strands of the utricularia graminifolia that just wanted to grow straight up towards to the top of the tank so cut that out. the carpet is almost full but i do have a few spots where the utri seems to be just alittle lifted off the substrate and im not sure why. i also have a few spots here and there where it doesnt seem like the utri even wants to try and cover but hoping after more time it will. im am very very very pleased with these finnex planted + lights. they are just perfect. in 2 weeks of not cleaning the tank there was a little algae on the glass but barely noticeable. i had to get really close to the tank to even really see it.

9XWybgn.jpg

pIxcepp.jpg

a few pics from a fishing trip of the mean looking animals we have in our mississippi waters..

bowfin
Go5IWCj.jpg

you can barely see it but they have very sharp small teeth
JHg7KWt.jpg

alligator snapping turtle
IPN5kR5.jpg

SFJRawZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom