New tank, new guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slowly bring it up to 82-84 it will help kill the ich with out medication. Most of all stay on top of daily water changes. Clean water is the best defense against desease. Keep the heat up until all signs of white spots have been gone for about a week to make sure all the bacteria die off.

So the spots are pretty much gone. Does that mean the ich is just about gone?

Yes that means its going away. Make sure to keep the temp up for about a week after the last spots are completly gone. Then you can slowly lower the temp back to around 76-78. Keep doing daily water changes.
If you havent had the water tested in the last few days that might be a good idea also. It will let you know how far along you are in the cycle.

Yes I was going to do that tomorrow. And to be all honest. I don't know why. My thermometer indicated that my temperature is not going up. But! The ich has gone away.

I'm worried though because I cannot change the temperature in my tank!

Another fish died :( I went to the fish store and the guy said not to do daily water changes because it slows down the cycle. So I bought so bacteria stuff that gets it going faster.

Another fish died :( the guy at the fish store said not to do daily water changed because it slows down the cycle. So I bought the bacteria stuff that speeds it up.

Daily water changes do not slow down the cycle. It keeps the peramitors in check while it cycles to keep the fish healthy.
I dont listen much to any of the fish stores. They are there to sell you stuff. That is their job most of the ones on the floor dont know much of anything about fish or tank maintenance. If your fish die they get to sell you more.
If things arent goin as well as expected they sell you product that you most of the time dont need.
That instant cycle stuff dont do much if anything in my opinion to help.

I have 10 tanks total. Only 2 of them right now are not running. One has a leak and the other is new just havent set it up yet. The one that leaks will be sealed and started back up again soon.
I have been thru the cycle many times.
I dont wanna sound harsh it just angers me when the lfs basicly talks people into spending un necessary money and gives poor advice.

:/ man. Well ok ill continue to do water changes. But this is a fish store dedicated to fish. So I don't know. They might know a little more than pet stores. But I'm now worried that my one fish will get lonely. And I can't buy any fish until my water is clean.

He will be happy to have new buddies as soon as his place is safe for them.
Just be patient and keep up with that water.

She* haha and yes I will continue the water changes daily.

Back
Top Bottom